Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:47
Miguel Miguel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bilbao (Spain)
Posts: 71
Miguel is on a distinguished road
Re: Photos 5-1

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=290226575243

Hi all:

Any info on plane and pilot?

I must admit not being able to assure that it is an F or a G. Perhaps the tailwheel looks as belonging to a G-4 or G-6, but the canopy frame looks narrow, as belonging to an F...

About the tail band, I am almost sure that it is yellow, but it's width, together with the third Gruppe bar, is not according to any Russian front unit, as far as I know (apart from I/JG53 in 1942).

The vertical bar would mean III/JG3 or III/JG51 but the tail band is always narrow in these units.

Speaking of a Gruppenkommandeur of those two units, the victory marks would be right for Karl-Heinz Greisert in June-July/1942 and for nobody else in that time, considering that the photo is not taken in winter.

If the photo was taken in 1943, I don't have enough information.

I would apreciate very much your comments.

Regards

Saludos
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photos 2-12 edwest Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 46 21st February 2007 20:56
photos of NANTES Flugplatz during WW2 GOFRIDUS Wanted 0 14th October 2005 10:03
Photos required alex crawford Wanted 0 19th September 2005 17:29
Looking for photos of ARR Hurricanes Mirek Wawrzynski Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces 0 12th May 2005 08:56


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2026, 12oclockhigh.net