![]() |
|
|||||||
| Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies. |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Nose-Art & Personal Markings
Hello Andrew
I am glad that I could be of some help. If you visit Claes Sundin's web site you may notice that he updated the Luftwaffe Fighter Aircraft page with the profile of Bf 109 F-2 "Black <<" (W.Nr. 7629) flown by Hauptmann Hans von Hahn (31 victories, RK), the Gruppenkommandeur of I./JG 3 in July 1941. On the nose you have the Tazelwurm which was the Gruppe insignia of I./JG 3 (redesignated II./JG 1 on 15 January 1942) and under the cockpit there is the rooster emblem that was his personal insignia (Hahn means rooster in German so you can see why he chose that one). http://luftwaffeinprofile.se/vonHahn.html Horrido! Leo |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| RAF fighter art work | alex crawford | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 7 | 1st July 2007 03:13 |
| B-17 nose art | Kutscha | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 5 | 27th April 2007 12:46 |
| Nose Art Name of B17 124388 ? | Alex Smart | Allied and Soviet Air Forces | 8 | 24th January 2007 21:31 |
| New Nose Art Book | shooshoobaby | Books and Magazines | 0 | 1st June 2006 19:32 |