Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th February 2007, 23:07
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road
B-17 EXPERTS NEEDED ASAP!!!!

I recently found a B-17 Control Column in France. It originated from a plane that crashed in France I am guessing in 1944. It is in fantastic condition as it was pulled by a local and remained in storage the past 60 years.

Under the BOEING Disk in the centre of the control wheel is the inscription of the names of the crew and the name of the aircraft.

Everything was inscribed by hand, so it is a bit hard to make out, but it looks like is has the aircraft's name and a personal message or something...

"Miss Dixie Ma...tti" (It could say "Miss Dixie Mai", or "Miss Dixie May" as the last letters are faded. Could also say "Winnnie"

1025012814 (some of these numbers may be scratches_...could be 1025w2814

Reyanne Wyo...
...Bomb Bay
...boarding (?) with this shit.

I would like to pass on some photos to those who can help. My main concern is finding out if the details of if there was a Miss Winnie or Miss Dixie, and if the numbers represent an aircraft serial of a plane that possibly crashed in France...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Mike