![]() |
|
|||||||
| Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies. |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi,
I've just had word from one of my contacts and he recalls that on one type of 109 canopy there was a pull back section on the top that had a perspex strip bonded to it. (I've not been able to send a picture to him, he doesn't own a PC and at 92 years he reckons that he's too old to get involved with one now!) As regards visibility it was fairly common to have handles etc 'glued' to sliding perspex panels on cockpit/canopy sides, such as found on He111, Bf109, Do17,Ju87 etc. On a light aircraft I flew several years ago the door windows had sliding panels with perspex pull bars and must say that I can't recall any major problems with visibilty or image distortion. All that said, if it does turn out to be a slot, I'lllet my contact know and I'll stick to He111s!!! There must be a 109 afficionado out there who can enlighten us all one way or the other! Kind regards, David |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Markings + codes of Bf 109 + Legion Condor | Hohentwiel | Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation | 23 | 23rd April 2019 17:25 |
| Documentation of 2000HP Bf 109s of 1945 | Kurfürst | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 5 | 10th September 2009 12:15 |
| Some 109 flight tests here - http://www.kurfurst.bravehost.c | Kurfürst | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 6 | 18th July 2006 14:19 |
| Awaited, 1945 Luftwaffe Fighter units evolution ? | O.Menu | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 9 | 6th July 2005 13:32 |
| Inconsistancy in quoted Me 109 G6 performance? | Anders Jonsson | Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces | 5 | 15th January 2005 15:23 |